"Resistance is futile," is THE quintessential Borg statement in Star Trek: The Next Generation. It's just as true here in what we, perhaps mistakenly, call "reality" as much as it is for the Collective.
There's a saying that what you resist persists. Do you doubt it?
If you're unsure, do this experiment right now. I twill only take a few seconds.
Don't think of anything yellow.
OK, you probably tried not thinking of yellow, didn't you?
Did it work?
You probably tussled with your brain, trying to resist the color yellow, but most likely, a parade of yellow things passed before your mind's eye or in your brain one way or another.
- tabby cats
- yellow labs
and the list goes on.
What are You Resting in your life?
Resisting something is easy. Tired of your health? Hate your job? Feel stuck? Those are all signs that you're resting, and that's setting up an unhelpful loop that's keeping you exactly where you don't want to be.
Here's how resistance might show up for you.
- You keep trying to start exercising or lose weight, but it never seems to work. (Raising my hand here.)
- You keep trying to start an online business, but it just never works out in your favor.
- You have no trouble making money, but it runs through your hands like water.
- You're a big fan of gurs like Abraham or Chopra, but yet your dream life feels out of reach.
- You know you need to make a big change, and you know what you need to do, but you can't bring yourself to do it.
- You want to write a book, but keep procrastinating or staring at that scary blinking cursor, and not writing.
- You swear you won't fall for the wrong guy/girl again, but next thing you know, you're right back in that rut.
- You've invested in personal and/or professional development, but your results are still SSDD (same stuff, different day).
- You're always struggling with money.
- You try getting along with that relative or neighbor, but you keep getting into the same destructive pattern.
- You use affirmations and believe in the law of attraction, but what you want stays out of reach.
Do any of those examples ring true for you?
Chances are, one or more of those looks or feels like your life. But you're not alone, and you're not broken.
The Spell You're Under an Be Broken
It takes an act of magic to stop resisting and embrace your awesomeness. It takes magic to break the spell.
I'm not here to say I'm all the way over all of it, but I've had some magic in my own life, and I'm going to share my source so you, too, can step on the path to freedom and light.
Resisting anything that would make you feel free and awesome makes you feel stuck. If you can't seem to break a habit, that's being stuck. If you can't find a way to make a change you deeply desire, that's being stuck. Being in any kind of rut...that's being stuck. But what's stuck can get unstuck. Happens to all of us. truly.
Story Time with Ronda
Five years ago, I heard a webinar with a guy who was, and still is, outspoken, straight-forward, and a little woo-woo on the edge. I liked him right away, and still do. That's Brian D. Ridgway. He made sense to me (I'm more than a little woo-woo myself!), and I invested in his first ever online course.
Quick back story: There's a person in my life with whom I'd had strife for well over 2 decades, and seeing him every day, I knew I needed to be the one to make a change. I just hadn't figured out how to make it happen.
I followed the lessons each day. Within the first couple of weeks, I got free of that problem with this person once and for all. We have our quibbles now and again, but no big thing.
So when Brian told me he was putting out his book (which I'd been bugging him to do anyway), I was Thrilled! He's helped me and thousands of others, and I want you to have his book completely free. It's called Break your Self Help Addiction.
This international best seller is $2.99 on Kindle (and well worth it), but you can get it free from me right here.
Helpful Hint: DO the "Go Deeper" Activities!
When you get your book, you'll encounter various "Go Deeper" exercises. Please DO THEM. I did, and it made me realize it's time for me to break free of some spells and embrace my power.
Do the assessment.
Watch the videos.
Connect with me and Brian.
Get your free copy now at WriteOnPurpose.com/bysha.
Please share this all over the social web!
Cheers to your #BlissfulLife!
Ronda Del Boccio
#1 best selling author and speaker
Award winning author, photographer and artist
About Ronda Del Boccio
Ronda Del Boccio is an award-winning and best selling author of both fiction and nonfiction. She has been mostly blind since birth, but she never lets that stop her doing what she wants to do. She tells transformational tales and helps visionary authors turn their dreams and imaginings into published books. See and order Ronda's books on Amazon.
Join Ronda's readers for free stories, sneak peeks at her next books and more at WriteOnPUrpose.com/readSHARE!