Do you have an entrepreneur mindset? This fun photo of some guinea hens ready to go in the car if we’d just open the door for them is a wonderful representation of the openness and courage required for any author to enjoy success.
Entrepreneur Mindset for Authors: Ready for Adventure?
by Ronda Del Boccio
Once I had a dream that a company in Minneapolis offered me a job paying $150 thousand per year with excellent benefits. Although this is much more than many people make, I turned down the offer.
I told my mother and her husband about this dream. He said, “You should have taken it. Why would you turn that down? You're crazy!”
Funny how he got so emotionally invested in my decision in a dream.
When is a dream a nightmare?
A cushy salary and benefits sounds like a good thing, right? But there are trade-offs with any decision.
I would have to work 60+ hours and would have nothing like what I would consider quality of life.
- Why have money and no time to spend it?
- Why have to ask “how high?” when someone else says “JUMP”?
- Why give up freedom just for supposed comfort?
For me, a cushy salary and benefits would not be comfortable if I had to work for someone else. I truly have an entrepreneur mindset!
Like my guinea hens in this picture, I am ready for adventure. Are you?
Why develop an entrepreneur mindset?
Here are some reasons why you as an author of any format may find it beneficial to develop an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Just writing does not get your work out into the world.
- Just publishing a book is not a success guarantee.
- There is more to being a successful author than posting about your book in social networks.
- You are not likely to find a salaried position with benefits as an author.
- You're probably a free spirit anyway!
How to Develop an Entrepreneur Mindset
Here are some actions you can take to become more business minded without selling your writer's soul.
- Set lifelines (most people call them deadlines) for yourself even though nobody is looking over your shoulder.
- Reward yourself for reaching your lifelines and for making great progress.
- Celebrate every success – whether that is the sale of an article, surpassing a goal, winning an award, the completion of a chapter, or your first book sale.
- Expect a miracle! Things don't have to happen slowly or in stepwise progression. Open yourself to be AMAZED on a daily basis, and you will discover your mind, heart and spirit opening to bigger ideas and greater BLISS!
Jumpstart Your Entrepreneur Mindset in 30 days!
I've been sharing my own experiences in a transformational program called the Miracle Mindshift Month. Though I am already a creative person, I have found myself taking more productive actions with my writing and with my business – and getting better results – as a consequence of participating in the mindshift.
My dear friend and #1 bestselling author Chris Downs also participated in the Miracle Mindshift Month. In his video , he talks about how the mindshift helped him gain clarity and focus for h is business.
Chris has been making huge miraculous leaps in his business, including being an expert on a prodigious site in his niche. And he has continued go, as he says, “grow a new heart.”
As someone who was supposed to need a heart transplant, in the past 12 months, he has no need of a new heart.
Will you be the next person to declare: “SHIFT Happens”?
Because I am an Ambassador (contributing expert) on the mindshift creators' site, I am empowered to bring this program to you at a special tuition.
Please give yourself this gift that will give you simple tools to help you transform your mindset, improve your health, become a more successful entrepreneur, boost your creativity, or bring about whatever results you desire for your life for less than you would give for a latte.
Invest in yourself once and you can continue following the program for months or years to come, as many of us are doing.
go to WriteOnPurpose.com/mmm and I'll see you inside!
Follow your bliss!
Ronda Del Boccio, the Story Lady
#1 bestselling author – Celebrity Author Mentor -.transformational speaker
Creator of the BLISS Butterfly SYstem
Original article source on WriteOnPurpose.com